Saturday, December 4, 2010

Oh so pretty, but has nothing but looks to offer the world.

I am linked to quite a few social networking sites. I can not help but be distracted by those people who continually post about nonsense. OK, who am I to judge on what is nonsense? I am too, guilty of posting lots on nonsense on the internet. This, right here,  may even be some sort of nonsense to you right now, but I know that 100% of my posts are not nonsense like the people I am talking about.
I am talking about those who live in their own little box, where the only thing happening is themselves. Ok, I get it, some may argue that this is a form of high confidence. I argue that it is plain ludicrous. Those people appear to have no clue as to what is going on with the rest of the world. 
Who are they ?  Those are the people that post things like "always on the grind" , "I look hotter than these lame bitches out here" "Follow me, help get 1,000 followers," and retweet every act of recognition they receive not for what they do, but for how they look. Never once do I see them mention something that is going on in the world or supporting someone else's cause.
I have also been guilty of following these people. It was all entertainment. Then it became a waste of my important time. What was I gaining from reading their timeline? I couldn't help but wonder, what else they do besides talk and  post photos of themselves all day, everyday? Do they ever read a book or a newspaper? Do they ever think of volunteering for a cause?Someone who sits and boasts about themselves all day does not get too much respect from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment